Monday, April 26, 2010

Green Juice

Green juice is so packed with nutrients providing all kinds of benefits, and it can even taste good! This is one of my favs but there are many variations. My best recommendation is to start with more fruit and slowly add more greens and less fruit each time you make the juice. You will start to crave it! I have so much more energy after I have had my green drink- LOVE IT!

2 celery stalks
2 kale leaves (kale can have a strong flavor so use spinach if you prefer)
1/2 cucumber
handful parsley or cilantro
1/4 in fresh ginger (optional)
1/4 lemon

If you want to make it sweeter (I recommend this when trying for the first time) add 1/2 apple or carrot or beet.

I use my vita mix to make juice by putting all the ingredients and then filling with water until it covers the veggies and then I add a few cubes of ice. This recipe makes a couple of servings.

Green juice can be made in so many ways so play around with it. If I don't have a cucumber I will use some broccoli or cabbage...whatever you've got, just get those greens in ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment